Leader of the Pack Canine Institute’s Dog Boarding & Pet Sitting
Voted #1 in the Lehigh Valley 12 years in a row!
If you live in the Allentown, Bethlehem or Easton, PA area and planning on heading out of town, Leader of the Pack Canine Institute offers a place to keep your dog happy and healthy while you are away. Our highly trained team will give personalized attention to your dog, ensuring our guest is comfortable and happy. All of our boarded dogs are able to enjoy a full day of fun and play at our doggy day care before retiring for the night. We provide a comforting home away from home for all of our guests. If you are looking for a pet sitting or dog boarding service that will ensure your pet is happy and comfortable, contact Leader of the Pack Canine Institute today!
A 4-hour temperament evaluation is required if your pet has taken a 6-month or longer hiatus from LOPCI’s Day care or Boarding programs. If your pet has not been in day care or boarding for a time frame of 6 months or longer, a slow introduction back into the pack may be required. Evaluations cost $20 and slow introductions cost $10. These appointments must be scheduled before bringing your pet in for their boarding stay. If your pet qualifies for needing an evaluation or slow introduction and you fail to call and schedule it in a timely manner, private accommodations may be required and additional fees may be incurred. Please call 610-366-8282 if you think your pet has not been in day care or boarding within the last 6 months. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation with this as we strive to keep all of our canine guests safe, happy and healthy.
Dog boarding is an extension of LOPCI Day Care services and includes regular day care services to all dogs spending the night. Our overnight guests have several options for their sleeping comfort. We want your pet to feel at home and stay over in an atmosphere that keeps them in their routine. LOPCI can safely crate your pet in an appropriately-sized crate if you prefer. We also offer private quarters for comfort and safety with individual beds. Daily walks are available as an option for all overnight stays. All of the dogs in our care get special personal attention from our staff. Both weekday and weekend bookings are available. Our guests enjoy a full day of free play each day before retiring for the night, so not to worry…they’re still running with the pack! If you are in the Easton, Allentown or Bethlehem, PA area, contact us today for more information!
(IF YOUR DOG COMES IN WITH FLEA AND TICK TREATMENTS APPLIED IN LAST 24 HOURS AND STILL WET, THEY WILL BE PRIVATE FOR 24 HOURS – EXTRA RATES AND FEES MAY APPLY.)
The following is required for enrollment:
- • We accept all dogs of all ages. If your dog is over six months of age, he or she must be neutered or spayed to be enrolled in our Day Care program.
- • LOPCI cannot accept any female that is going through a heat cycle – if you have questions, please call 610-366-8282.
- • All dogs must be current on Distemper, Rabies, Bordetella and Canine Influenza vaccinations. In addition, all dogs must be negative for a stool test for parasites in the last 6 months. We can not accept any pet without proof of shot records in paper format from a veterinary professional – no exceptions.
- • Each dog must undergo an initial behavior assessment to determine enrollment eligibility; please call us to schedule your pet’s evaluation. Completed enrollment forms and up to date shot records must be submitted prior to booking your pets evaluation.
- • Leader of the Pack Canine Institute LLC reserves the right to turn away any dog we deem unsuitable for this environment.
- • Signed waivers are required for enrollment. To access all required forms for Day Care and Boarding click here.
- • Food must be brought in a sealed container with a lid. We do not accept open bags of food or loose Ziplock bags of food. Any food not brought in a sealed container will not be accepted.
- • We do not accept any bowls, bedding or toys. Any bowls, bedding, toys or scoopers will not be accepted – no exceptions.
- • Any dog dropped off after 6:30AM must have already been fed their breakfast. Any dog dropped off after 6:30AM will not be included on the morning feeding schedule.
- • Any dog dropped off after 11:00AM must have already been fed their lunch. Any dog dropped off after 11:00AM will not be included on the afternoon feeding schedule.
- • Any dog dropped off after 4:00PM must have already been fed their dinner. Any dog dropped off after 4pm will not be included on the evening feeding schedule.
- • Tours of the facility must be scheduled ahead of time. Please call 610-366-8282 to schedule a tour of our facility. Walk-in tours are often NOT able to be accommodated.
- • Evaluations are required after a 6 month or longer hiatus from our Day Care/ Boarding programs – no exceptions. Please make sure you call ahead if you are not sure how long its been since we last saw your pet.
- • Read our Rules & Regulations page for a complete list of all our requirements. Any dog brought in for Boarding without all or some of our requirements may be turned away.
Boarding Pick-up and Drop-off Hours:
Monday – Friday 6:30am-6:00pm
Leader of the Pack is closed for pickups and drop-offs on major holidays including, but not limited to, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day. Holiday hours are subject to change, please call 610-366-8282 for verification of our hours during holidays. As always, we will have full staff coverage during holidays, however those staff members are dedicated to caring for our canine guests only. Thank you for your cooperation and your patronage.
For the safety of your pet and all others staying with us: If you drop your pet off AFTER 4 PM there is a chance they may be private boarded for their first night. Extra rates & fees may be applied. If you are planning on dropping off after 4PM please CALL US: 610-366-8282 and let us know ahead of time. We appreciate your cooperation. We strive to keep ALL dogs safe, happy and healthy while staying with us at LOPCI.
Dog Boarding Rates & Options:
Boarding: STANDARD ACCOMMODATIONS (Day Care Evaluation Required PRIOR to drop off)
Our standard overnight price is $61.00 Per 24 hour period. (INCLUDES FULL DAY OF DAY CARE) Please note: For your dog’s safety, any check-in after 4PM will be set up with private accommodations for your dogs first night. Extra fees may apply.
Boarding: PRIVATE ACCOMMODATIONS (Private Boarding Evaluation Required PRIOR to drop off)
Our private overnight price starts at $67.00 Per 24-hour period. Private boarding rates will vary for your dogs specific needs. Please call us to discuss how to make your pet’s stay as comfortable and stress-free as possible. 610-366-8282.
Multiple dog discounts are available:
10% DISCOUNT for any additional dog within the same family.
Discounts are available for extended, consecutive stays:
10% Boarding DISCOUNT for 8 consecutive nights or longer.
15% Boarding DISCOUNT for 15 consecutive nights or longer.
20% Boarding DISCOUNT for 22 consecutive nights or longer.
Discount Packages are available!
10 Open Play Boarding Nights: $570.35
Additional Dog 10 Open Play Nights (same family): $549.00.00 (10% Discount)
20 Open Play Boarding Nights: $1,061.40
Additional Dog 20 Open Play Boarding Nights (same family): $1,037.00 (15% Discount)
10 Private Boarding Nights: $626.45
Additional Dog 10 Private Boarding Nights (same family): $603.00 (10% Discount)
20 Private Boarding Nights: $1,165.80
Additional Dog 20 Private Boarding Nights (same family): $1,139.00 (15% Discount)
There is an additional fee of $4.00 for feedings that require LOPCI House Food. This $4.00 charge covers one feeding up to 2 cups.
Extra rates may apply if your pet requires special needs while boarding with us. Please call 610-366-8282 to discuss how we can make your pet’s stay as comfortable as possible.
There is an additional, discounted day fee of $25.00 for any pickup outside of the 24hr time period. Pickup around the same time as drop off to avoid this fee.
There is an additional $10.00 fee for any pre-approved pickups after 5PM on Weekends & 6PM on Weekdays (No later than 7PM). If you are running late, please call 610-366-8282 to let us know. Late pickups are not guaranteed and may result in your pet staying overnight if you can not make it by time of closing.
Please note that ANY dog that has previously PASSED our day care evaluation temperament test but has taken a 6 month or longer hiatus from doggy day care may be subject to a “re-evaluation” temperament test before re-entry into our day care room, otherwise your pet’s stay will be in "private" accommodations. If needed, the “re-evaluation” is to ensure that your pet safely enters the day care room and the pack interaction is still a positive experience for your pet. The determination as whether your pet may need the “re-evaluation” will be at management’s discretion. Please call 610-366-8282 and speak with a customer service member to assess whether your pet may need the “re-evaluation” appointment prior to the boarding or day care drop off day. We appreciate your cooperation with this policy. Our number one priority is the safety and well-being of ALL dogs in our care.
LOPCI recommends all pet parents read the following information regarding common canine infectious illnesses:
As more families embark on pet ownership, social interactions among our pets are an important part of our family lifestyle. Leader of the Pack Canine Institute believes in transparency and helping to provide pet parents with information to help prevent the spread of canine infectious illnesses. Pet parents should be aware that this information is provided as an awareness of potential exposures in social environments at dog parks, dog daycares, boarding and training facilities. These are not the only infectious illnesses that dogs can contract when exposed to social environments.
We recommend that you consult with your veterinary professional if you have any questions regarding the risks associated with visiting dog parks or enrolling in any dog daycare or boarding kennel programs. Like people all dogs are different, and they may react differently when interacting with other dogs. It is our mission to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our canine guests. We utilize multiple programs for daily sanitization and cleanliness at our facility. Our air systems all include upper-level UV sanitization equipment and our daily cleaning protocols are of the highest quality.
Dog Boarding You Can Trust
Serving Allentown, Bethlehem, & Easton, PA
When you are searching for a place to board your dog, it is of the utmost importance that you choose dog boarding you can trust. If you are unable to attend to the needs of your pet for a short period of time, you want to make sure they are safe and taken care of. You don’t need the extra stress of having to worry about your pets safety while you are busy. At Leader of the Pack your pet will be in good hands at our dog boarding facility serving Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, PA. Below are some reasons why choosing a dog boarding facility you can trust is important.
• You want to be stress free. – If you are going on a trip or vacation, the last thing you will want to do is worry about the safety of your pet the entire time. When your pet receives our dog boarding services you don’t have to worry about a pet sitter arriving to your house on time, if they are feeding your pet, if your pet is getting enough exercise, and is the pet sitter there enough to let the dog outside to use the bathroom. At our pet boarding facility, we have taken care of many dogs, and we know how to keep them safe, happy, and healthy during their stay.
• You want your pet to be stress free. – While your pet is at our dog boarding facility, they are not sitting around the house just waiting for your return. Instead, every day is made fun with play time with friends and daily walks are available for dogs that stay overnight. Also, at our dog boarding facility in Allentown, PA, your pet can have their own private room at night to relax in.
• You want to return home to a safe and healthy pet. – Because our dog boarding facility has specific rules regarding a dog’s temperament and shot records, you can rest assured that your pet is safe in our care. Whereas if you leave your dog at a friend’s house for a weekend, that friend’s dogs may not be up to date on their shots. Trusting our dog boarding facility in Allentown, PA is the surest way to return home to a safe and healthy pet.