Leader of the Pack Canine Institute's Dog Grooming Salon
Serving the Easton, Allentown & Bethlehem, PA Areas
Voted #1 in the Lehigh Valley 12 years in a row!
If you are in the Allentown, Bethlehem & Easton, PA area, pamper your pooch in our award-winning dog grooming salon. Whether it is a day of relaxation with a bath and cut or the ultimate package of bath, style, nails, ears and massage, your pet will return home looking and feeling like a million bucks.
Requirements for Dog Grooming:
• All dogs must be current on their Rabies vaccine. Proof of Rabies must be provided before your pet’s appointment in paper form. We can not accept collar tags as proof of Rabies. We can not accept any pet without proof of shot records in paper format from a veterinary professional.
• All clients must fill out the grooming enrollment form. Signed waivers are required for enrollment. To access all required forms for Grooming click here.
• All dogs must be physically healthy enough to withstand their grooming appointment. Leader Of the Pack Canine Institute reserves the right to turn away any dog deemed not suitable for grooming.
• Dogs with matting, mild matting and severe matting may need to be shaved and will require higher costs. Please call 610-366-8282 to speak with one of our Award Winning Dog Groomers or to set up a time to visit if you are unsure of the condition of your pet’s coat.
The Importance of Regular Dog Grooming
Regular dog grooming is vital to the overall health and wellbeing of your pet. Not only does your pet benefit, but so will you! Here is why it is important to have regular dog grooming done and the benefits that come with it:
• Detection and prevention of health problems: Having professional dog grooming done is an excellent way to catch health problems early. The dog groomer can look for lumps, infections, inflammation, or other health problems that are visible on your dog’s skin. Early detection of these health problems can lead to an easier treatment and healing process down the road.
• Maintains healthy coat and fur: In order for your dog to maintain a healthy coat, it is important you groom them frequently. It can prevent mats in their fur that cause abrasions, ulcers, and general discomfort. Just regular brushing can lead to a healthier coat, but to have the best work done it is recommended to bring them to a professional groomer.
• Prevents joint pain: One major benefit of dog grooming is having the nails cut. Overgrown nails may cause your pet to experience joint pain due to walking with misaligned pads. Regular trimming of the nails also prevents curling which can be very painful for your dog.
Call to speak with a manager and request a price estimate & to schedule a Dog Grooming Appointment!
Tips for Getting Your Dog Ready for the Groomer
Most dogs do not like when strangers touch them. They can become agitated and aggressive when a groomer is trying to wash them, cut their nails & hair, and simply touching them. Dogs also may not be used to being touched and moved in certain ways that grooming requires. Here are some tips that will make it easier for your dog when going to the groomer. Do them every day for a few weeks leading up to your appointment.
• Touch Your Dog’s Ears, Mouth, and Face
• Brush Your Dog’s Entire Body
• Massage and Wiggle Their Paws
• Gently Hold Their Tail
We specialize in all your dog’s grooming needs:
• All types of Baths including: Hypo Allergenic Baths, Sensitive Skin Treatments
• All Types of Breeds Hair Cuts-Hand Scissoring
• Ear Cleaning & Plucking
• Nail Trimming/Filing
• Teeth Brushing
• Anal Gland Expression
• Cageless Waiting
There is a $27.00 holding fee for any pet not picked up within 1 hour of their grooming being completed. If you think your pet will need to stay beyond 1 hour of the completion time, please let us know at check in. Space is limited and accommodations are not guaranteed. Combination packages available, including full day doggy day care and dog grooming for your pet. Just drop your pet off for the day, let your pet play, make friends and come home smelling fresh and looking great. Evaluations are required to be scheduled ahead of time for dogs taking part in our daycare program.
We accept all sizes and breeds including X-Large dogs.
Leader of the Pack has a $25 cancellation fee for any grooming appointments cancelled within 24 hours of the appointment time.
If you need to cancel your pet’s grooming appointment, please call 610-366-8282. Thank you.